I AM Book Club
Our Book Club Summer Kick Off:
Join us in person or participate via Instagram Iam.bookclub or Social Mind Center’s Facebook page
- Meet up at the Social Mind Center 5400 S. University Drive, #605, Davie, FL 33021, 954-533-2782
- Weekly on Thursday’s 6:00pm to 7:00pm
- Starting July 12 thru August 16
- Contact: email@example.com
Our Book Club Format:
- Face to Face meetings, live stream on instagram and web-based discussions.
- Group leader for our meetings and moderator for online discussions.
- Discussions questions and comments will be posted week prior to our meeting.
Our First Book:
Dumplin” by Julie Murphy
Self-proclaimed fat girl Willowdean Dickson (dubbed “Dumplin’” by her former beauty queen mom) has always been at home in her own skin. Her thoughts on having the ultimate bikini body? Put a bikini on your body. With her all-American beauty best friend, Ellen, by her side, things have always worked…until Will takes a job at Harpy’s, the local fast-food joint. There she meets Private School Bo, a hot former jock. Will isn’t surprised to find herself attracted to Bo. But she is surprised when he seems to like her back.
I think maybe it’s the things we don’t want to talk about that are the things people most want to hear.”
― Julie Murphy, Dumplin'