Pediatric Occupational Therapist, Social Mind Center (Davie, FL)
- With focus on the pediatric autistic population, plan, organize and conduct occupational therapy programs to help rehabilitate
those impaired because of developmental delays or diagnosis.
- Test and evaluate patient’s physical and mental abilities then analyze data to determine realistic rehabilitation goals for patients.
- Select activities that will help children learn life management skills within the limits of their disability.
- Evaluate patients progress and prepare reports that detail progress.
- Complete and maintain necessary records.
- Train caregivers how to provide for the needs of a patient during and after therapy.
- Consult with therapy team to select activity programs including sensory diets or coordinate occupational therapy with other therapeutic activities.
- Plan and implement group classes, social activities to help patients learn home and/or school skills adjusting to their handicaps and/or deficit
- Master's Degree, or foreign equivalent, in Occupational Therapy plus 3 years with pediatric autistic population. In the alternative,
a Bachelor's Degree, or foreign equivalent, in Occupational Therapy plus 7 years experience with pediatric autistic population.
- Experience must include the development and implementation of occupational therapy programs focusing on the treatment of sensory processing
disorders in autistic children.
- Valid Florida Occupational Therapist License required. Any suitable combination of education, training or experience is acceptable.
Part time Speech-Language Pathologist
- Part time Speech-Language Pathologist wanted for a private pediatric practice in the Davie area.
- Therapist needed Monday thru Thursday from 1 - 6 pm.
- Must have clinical experience working with children with motor speech disorders, language disorders, and autism.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter